Sunday, July 9, 2023

WISH BIG - THE PAPER PLAYERS

Hello, Sunday morning! It's that time again for a new challenge at The Paper Players. This week we have a color challenge from our talented Ann:


The Paper Players: PP648 - A Color Challenge from Ann


I have a new die set that I wanted to play with for this challenge - Simon Says Stamp! "Fancy Cake Set" #S731.


I leaned heavily on the black to set off the colors of the cake. The background is from PTI's "Balloon Bash" series. I die cut it with black cardstock and attached it to a white card base. Then with my markers I colored in some of the openings. The white heat embossed sentiment is also from PTI - "Stylish Sentiments: Birthday". I cut the cake, candles, and cake stand from scraps in my stash and added a white offset second layer to the cake stand to dress it up a bit. The die cut flowers and leaf are from a Spellbinders "Christmas Blooms" set. Finally, I added several sequins near the sentiment.

Your turn! Check out what the talented team has come up with and join in the fun!

On a personal note: The work in our front yard continues. On Thursday the landscape supply yard delivered 25 yards of topsoil/compost. It's been a race against time to get plants into the ground in triple-digit heat, but fortunately that was accomplished yesterday. All of the new plants are water-wise, but I'll still have to be diligent through this first season and into fall. This week the sprinkler heads and control box will be installed for the irrigation system, and we'll be ready for our much smaller new lawn area.

7 comments:

  1. Fran, I love that you leaned so heavily into the black - the other colors on your fabulous card pop against it. Oh... congrats on getting the plants in!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty cake! I like the floral layer! Sounds like things are progressing nicely on the home-front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super birthday card! Love it, the design and how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely an eye-catching birthday card! I was happy to hear that you colored all those little openings in the background....I had visions of you adhering little itty bits of paper behind each one! Phew! Altogether a fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, Your card is so beautiful and Fun. The pink cake on the black background really stands out. I love all the colored "confetti". Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake is fabulous Fran and looks particularly good against the dark black background - it really makes the pink and detail stand out. Love the sparkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wow! Wow! The dies you used are fabulous. Your card is gorgeous, Fran! What amazing little details. Thank you for making my challenge colors look wonderful. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete