Sunday, July 2, 2023

AT THE BEACH

Wow, here we are already at the month of July and my thoughts are fondly going to the Southern Oregon coast, although my body is staying here in Medford. It's theme week at The Paper Players and our beloved LeAnne has selected "At the Beach", which feels way appropriate for the first week of July!

I started my card this week by getting a layout inspiration from CAS Colors and Sketches Challenge #514


I prepared a side-folded white card base and a stitched edge rectangular panel that I die cut a square from. Using my Hero Arts Color Layering "Waves" and "Sea & Sky" stamp sets, I stamped the waves in two colors of blue-gray and blended the sky with a pale blue. I over-stamped a couple of gulls and the sentiment in black and inserted the image behind the top panel. I added a couple of layers of cardstock behind the front panel for some dimension. After stamping the Adirondack chair and ball, I fussy cut them, and overlapped them on the opening. While LeAnne's photos are bright and cheery, I chose the more subtle colors I would see any morning on an Oregon beach before the fog has fully lifted, and then added a couple of brightly colored objects.

LeAnne has put together a great montage for inspiration, with many images and bright summer colors to get you thinking about a summer beach holiday. Check in with the rest of the designers and look at their great "At the Beach" cards!


The Paper Players: PP647 - A Theme Challenge from LeAnne



This is the CC&S sketch that inspired me:



Added July 8, 2023:



10 comments:

  1. What a sweet scene, Fran! The sea and sky are absolutely amazing!! The pop of color gives hope to a fun day at the beach. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see those layering sets from Hero Arts being used, I think to myself that I NEED them! You've created such a sweet little beach vignette...I love all the little extras you added as well! Fun little beach chair and ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card, Fran! I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I wish I was sitting in this chair today! I love the scene you created and the way you framed it. So relaxing and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, Many of the beaches on Puget sound look very much like the scene you created. It is like you spied on Fourth of July. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean and simple perfection, Fran! I love the chair and the beach ball against the framed sea scene. A beach like this would be my happy place for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning Fran! That looks like the perfect day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, I love this scene - it is CAS perfection. I love that you put a couple of the elements just over the edge, too.
    Hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Fran, I love this beautiful scene with the little chair and ball in front - perfect placement! The stitched edge rectangle frame is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the largely neutral seascape Fran - it allows that bright deckchair and beach ball to really pop! A great take on the CC&S sketch too!

    ReplyDelete