Saturday, July 1, 2023

STAR-SPANGLED SKELETON - WITH A BANNER!

Our July Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge features red, white and blue! Look at that row of bony characters in the top right picture of our mood board. That's where I went.

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: July Anything Halloween

I must admit to not being too excited about a red, white & blue Halloween card, but I relaxed into it and thoroughly enjoyed the fun!


This card started with an idea - "Red White & Boo" and trying to figure out how to implement it. I have this old rubber stamp from Stampendous that I've used quite a few times over the years, most recently here . I stamped the image twice with Memento Tuxedo Black - the first time on a gray cardstock and the second time on white cardstock. I distressed the gray background piece after trimming it down and then fussy cut the white skeleton out and adhered him over the face of the gray stamped panel. I matted it with red iridescent stock and set it aside until I prepared a black top-folded card base and attached a gray stitched rectangular panel. To make the sentiment, I messed with a PTI 4th of July stamp by stamping it with VersaMark watermark ink (on black cardstock) and masking the top line and heat embossing the middle and bottom line with white embossing powder. I then masked the bottom lines and red heat embossed the top one. The final step was to white heat emboss the word "Boom" on blue stock from the same PTI set and trim it down to make "BOO" and glue that over the top of the final word of the sentiment. I added a blue panel to the face of the card, layered the sentiment strip over, and added Mr. Bones and his panel over these other layers. The final step was to add some red, white, and blue streamers through his hands. Do you suppose he's dancing to The Star-Spangled Banner? 

Check out the great cards my fellow Design Team members came up with - very creative! You have the full month to create your own and there will be a prize drawing if we can get up to 25 cards submitted. Remember, you can submit more than one card and your cards don't have to be inspired by the mood board - submit anything Halloween themed. Mostly, have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is spectacular!! What a fabulous design and the sentiment is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fran, this is absolutely awesome! Looks like your skeleton is kickin' up his heels all set to party the night away! LOL Love the sentiment too! VERY creative and inspiring card!

    ReplyDelete