Sunday, July 23, 2023

SPRING CHICKEN


Welcome Sunday and the new Paper Players challenge! Our very creative Design Team member Joanne is challenging us this week with a sketch:



Here's my take on her sketch. I've been playing with a new stamp set that I bought a couple of weeks ago that caught my fancy - Simon Hurley/Ranger "Spring Chicken" #HUR83351. I love all of the chicken images on this set, and I'm sure there will be many more that will pop up on my cards from this point forward!



This card is pretty straightforward with the many layers, numbered in order of layers:
                        1. Started with a kraft wood textured card base
                        2. Die cut stitched rectangular panel
                        3. Die cut stitched rectangular frame from wood textured cardstock
                        4. Overlapped matted rectangular patterned paper
                        5. Stamped and colored chicken and die cut with a circle die
                        6. White heat embossed sentiment



On a personal note: What a crazy week - we finally have a new lawn! Early in the week, we had to have an electrician mend and re-wire the connection to a light post. The light post will be replaced at some point, but probably not until the spring. The sod arrived early Friday morning and was rolled out for an instant lawn. The sprinklers and drip lines were all started up, and everything is looking so much better! What a process this has been - a full year of living with a large dirt patch for a yard. In a couple of weeks, once the area has been watered regularly, we'll be adding a couple of inches of bark mulch and calling it quits until the spring, when we complete the plantings. When everything gets cleaned up and the bark mulch is in place, I'll post some before and after photos.
 

7 comments:

  1. I just love this chicken and I love your sepia tones and texture! The chicken scratch panel is so fun too! Glad you finally got your lawn back....what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I love the idea of being a Spring Chicken! So fun! Love the colors you used and all that texture is perfect! The chicken scratches add so much detail! Your yard sounds very pretty! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is oodles of fun, Fran! I like the kraft and white combo for the chickens. Yay for the yard moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this, Fran! The chicken image is adorable. I love the monochromatic vibe and the yummy texture. A fabulous card! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to keep chickens so am always partial to a chicken card, especially when they have such comical expressions - the inside detail made me chuckle! Fabulous detail and texture in your front layers too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, So many layers and so much texture. Your card looks great and that fun chicken just puts it over the top! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, you can never go wrong with a chicken card and this one is truly adorable. I love all of those fabulous layers, too!

    ReplyDelete