Tuesday, August 22, 2023

TEEN BIRTHDAY

The grand-twins are having their 14th birthday in a few weeks and I've been mulling over what to do for birthday cards for them. We gave our granddaughter an early birthday gift of an evening for her and her bestie of dinner and a performance of the local teen musical company's version of "Footloose", which they loved. So, her card won't have an additional gift or money attached. While mulling ideas around, AAA Card Challenges #247: "Sketch for a Teen" arrived just in time. I decided to use it as inspiration for my granddaughter's CAS birthday card. Her brother's card is still undecided!


To reproduce the squares shown in the challenge sketch, I used an Alexandra Renke stamp set "Accentuation - Areas" and stamped them with PTI "Berry Sorbet" and "Summer Sunrise", overlapping the two squares. Then to give them a bit of a boost I die cut a small square and stenciled each one with a translucent square. Over this I stamped and heat embossed a black silhouette figure that I've had for many years. I added a sentiment in regular black ink and die cut the numbers, which I layered with 3 layers of pink card stock behind. I trimmed the panel with a stitched rectangular die and mounted the panel to the face of a white card base with a couple of layers of card stock to give it some dimension. Finally, I added a couple of small sequins and a tiny gem.


The inside is a simple version of the same square image with an additional sentiment. I completed the ensemble with a custom envelope cut from some old glittery paper from my stash.  

Here's the sketch for the challenge:  

AAA Cards: AAA Card Challenges #247: Sketch for a teen



5 comments:

  1. That's a great take on the sketch! Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card! Your granddaughter is going to love it. Looking forward to the male version ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Fran!! I love the feminine interpretation of our sketch. I'm sure your granddaughter loved this card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran this is fantastic!! I thought this was a tricky sketch and you've interpreted it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool too! You're always so clever!

    ReplyDelete