Sunday, August 27, 2023

IMAGINE

Sunday again, and here we are with a brand-new challenge at The Paper Players, and the very talented LeAnne has a great sketch to inspire us!

The Paper Players: PP655 - A Sketch Challenge from LeAnne


Looking for some additional inspiration with regard to color, I turned to Color Hues for their red and yellow challenge #70.


 
This card started with stamping this very ancient "Inchies" image from Inkadinkado in black on a scrap of yellow card stock, which I colored with a red Copic marker and white gel pen and matted with red card stock. I prepared a white card base and die cut a stitched rectangular panel into which I die cut a square opening. 

A couple of weeks ago I had won a challenge over at Time Out Challenges #242 for my silly Chicken Little card and my prize was a gift certificate to AALL & Create! I chose a couple of new stamp sets and they arrived just ahead of this card. I used a sentiment from their #197 clear stamp set and stamped it in black just below the square opening of the front panel. I punched a hole next to the sentiment and strung a couple of pieces of red twine around the panel and terminated it with a small yellow button I found in my stash. Finally, I mounted the panel over the yellow and red image with dimensional foam.



I look forward to seeing what our visitors do with LeAnn's sketch. In the meantime, check on what the other members of our team have prepared for your inspiration and look in on their blogs!

Here's where I got my color inspiration for this week:



Added September 1, 2023:



13 comments:

  1. That little inch packs a lot of punch! This is a wonderful card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little inchie in yellow and red, but your sentiment treatment really steals the show! What an awesome card! Thanks for rocking my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every detail of your card is so well thought out, Fran. I love how you used the negative space of the rectangle cut from a white panel to highlight your beautiful butterfly and the use of red twine and a button to emphasize your sentiment. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sense of design and CAS cards are exceptional, and I love this one with the red twine and button as the embellishment! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fabulous, Fran! I love everything about it! Your design skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great card and then the added twine sent it over the top! Awesome job with our Red and Yellow challenge, Fran! Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card, Fran. I love the design of your card and the image, but the sentiment really makes the card for me. I love it. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this over at the Paper Players earlier in the week and loved it and it's still fab now! Love the recessed panel and the way you've added the twine, thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fran, this is so amazing! I love the way you framed the small amount of the butterfly! The way you did that twine and button is sooooo creative! The sentiment is fabulous! SUPER job on the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card. Love the images, colors and the way you did the twine/button. Congrats on winning some new stamps. The sentiment is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Fran! Where do I begin? The inchie image is lovely, and I love the "pop" of red. The twine treatment is so creative. But what I really LOVE is the sentiment. IT is so uplifting and inspirational. What an amazing card you have created! The recipient will be lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fran, congrats on your win at time out and what a great use of your new goodies. I love your treatment for the bow on the sketch. Gorgeous CAS card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fran you really do make the most beautiful cards - this image, combined with colours and sentiment and that fabulous twine detail make this card a winner for sure. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete