Friday, September 1, 2023

DEAD HEADING THE FLOWERS

September at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge! We have a new mood board with the emphasis on fall colors. When I saw the lower left quadrant, I knew I had to make a card that my friend, a master gardener, would appreciate. We're all dead heading our summer perennials right now, so my mind has been on that! 

 




This was actually a pretty complex design, so where to start? I did start by preparing a slim line card base from black card stock. On this I mounted a slightly smaller panel of printed paper from a 12x12 Halloween pad from Park Lane - "Haunted Hollow". When PTI produced their "Friends to the End" stamp set and coordinating die I doubt that they imagined it being used for a Halloween card! I stamped and die-cut the large flowers from white card stock and colored them with my Copic markers. Then I glued on some fussy cut skulls from the same paper pack and attached the flower heads and skulls to the card front. To add some dimension to the card, I also fussy cut a bit of the foliage out from the printed beige paper and attached it to the face of the card with some dimensional foam and added the sentiment that I had created with my computer and a small tag with raffia tied on.

 

You can see that I also created a coordinating envelope with the same papers and tied it off with an additional flower/skull. I won't be mailing this but will present it directly to my friend at one of our coffee klatches. 

You're going to love what our other team members have done with this mood board! We're just under 2 months now until Halloween, but there's still time to get busy and try your hand at the latest challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

AND, when we hit 25 cards entered, we have these great Halloween stickers for a lucky random winner!



2 comments:

  1. A fabulous card and so cleverly created, love the sentiment and loved the write up post, so fun and creative, your friend will love it all too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Halloween card! Absolutely love the sentiment with this card, too!

    ReplyDelete