Sunday, September 3, 2023

Four-Legged Friends

Hello, Sunday! Here in the US we're mid-point in a 3-day Labor Day weekend and some additional time for crafting - if you're staying home. This week at The Paper Players is "Theme Week" and our creative Joanne has selected "Four Legged Friends" as our theme #PP656. This is a theme that I think we all know a lot about! 

The Paper Players: PP656 - A Theme Challenge from Joanne


I chose the most obvious - cats and dogs. To get a jump-start I used this week's Freshly Made Sketches #601 for a simple layout. When I see a CAS opportunity, I'm not one to resist! 


For this card I chose a black card base and added a couple of printed papers to the bottom third of the card. The next step was to die cut a stitched rectangular panel and mount it over the printed paper bands. I punched a small hole at the crease of the card and strung black twine through and tied it in a bow on the striped paper. Then I stamped a puppy from a very old Inkadinkado set with PTI "Fine Linen" and added a small sentiment in black from Hero Arts. The final step was to stamp a tuxedo kitty with black ink, fussy cut him, and attach him with some dimensional foam. I used Copic markers to color his eyes and the puppy's nose and eyes.

I think you'll have lots of fun with Joanne's theme this week - have at it! 


I also can't pass up the opportunity to post a photo of one of our favorite "four legged friends". Today I'm remembering Sara, our beloved Labrador retriever. I don't think a day goes by when I don't remember this sweet girl - I miss her so much. 


Sara Elizabeth Wing
1/09/07 - 5/13/21



14 comments:

  1. You picked a cute pair of four legged friends, this is delightful! Your Sara looks like she was a real sweetheart <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your sweet card! Love the images, the colors and the beautiful design. It's so hard to lose a pet. They're family and they are truly loved. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a delightful Pair! Love it! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet images!! I love your use of all neutrals - it's a fabulous graphic look! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, I adore this pair of buddies and the gorgeous color palette you selected! Great take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This card is as cute as can be ! I love the contemporary color scheem, too. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, I love your stamped images. Your card is beautiful. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this card...the neutral tones allow the images to really shine....SO stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card. Being a cat lover I was charmed by this card and of course dogs are too bad either (we have 2). Great use of the sketch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute pair Fran - I love the quirky style of these animals too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your card, Fran! The images are adorable. The black and linen colors are so classy. What a wonderful card to send to a friend! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fran, your card just brought the biggest smile to my face! I just LOVE these adorable cuties and you really brought them to life on your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete