Thursday, September 7, 2023

I LIKE YOUR STYLE

This morning I'm hitting three challenges with my CAS card - AAA Card Challenge #248: "Add a tag or ticket", Inkspirational Word Prompt: "Clothing/Closet", and Shopping Our Stash #SOS504 "Welcome to the Jungle".

This card came about for a couple of reasons: 1) I bought a blouse a couple of months ago and I really liked the clothing tag that was attached, so naturally I put it into my stash for future use and 2) it reminded me of a dear friend whose style I really admire. I saw her last Sunday and commented on a purse she was carrying, and upon closer attention I noticed it had an Anne Klein logo on it. Also, Donna's astrological sign is Leo! How fortunate that I was able to make use of this for three challenges! I'll set this aside until her birthday next summer.


I started my card with a large piece of heavy watercolor paper that I folded into a 5x7 card base, using the deckle edge for the open side of the card. I die cut a square from a scrap of the same paper and attached it to the face of the card and then added a square of black polka dot paper - I think a mistake, and it should have been a solid black square but too late to turn back once I had glued the tag to it with dimensional foam. I stamped and gold heat embossed the Hero Arts (#CM351) sentiment and then I cut the two Alexandra Renke dies from scraps and attached them, along with some gold sequins. I lined a coordinating envelope with gold vellum to complete the project.


In this photo you can see how much texture there is on the various papers. Here are the challenges I'm entering this morning:

AAA Cards: AAA Card Challenges #248: Add a tag or ticket


Inkspirational: Top Picks - Challenge #296 - and Reminder Post - Challenge #297 - Word Prompt - Clothing/Closet (inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com)


Added September 16, 2023:







8 comments:

  1. Very classy looking card, Fran! I like it just the way it is so I'm not suggesting you do this. But, just f.y.i. I have had success removing cardstock held down with dimensional adhesive by lightly warming (not cooking!) the adhered piece and then gently removing it using a thin metal spatula. As it starts to lift give a little more gentle heat and continue lifting it with the metal spatula. Perhaps a trial run on a practice piece to see if it works for you. I don't believe this will work if you used liquid glue. My luck has been with double sided tape and Scotch Permanent Adhesive foam tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is going to love the stylish card you created just for her! This is fabulous, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this...Way to go shopping your stash...truely!! I just added a clothing tag to my stash too...some of those tags are just super cool and deserve to be repurposed and not just thrown away!! Thanks for playing along with our "Welcome to the Jungle" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash challenges!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS504

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on our clothing theme and the card looks ultra elegant! Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great reuse of that wonderful tag Fran! and a clever way to get the 'clothing' bit into your design! Love the lion image and your pretty die cut stems! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: clothing! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks almost like a fashion designer brand packaging. awesome. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh what a beautiful and clever 100% personal card, your friend will love it! Thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (wild animal!)STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete