Friday, September 8, 2023

TWINS' BIRTHDAYS

So here we are back around to September and the beginning of the annual family "birthday bash"! September brings in a boatload of birthdays and anniversaries in our family. It starts with the grand twins' birthdays tomorrow, although the family is celebrating tonight over dinner and the kids are each having friends parties all weekend. Hard to believe that they will be 14 tomorrow. 

I made my granddaughter's card a couple of weeks ago and this is her brother's:


I asked Colin what he wanted for his birthday, and he said, "Oh maybe just an Xbox gift card or something." I told him, "Done. But you need to act surprised." That's why the word appears on the outside of the custom envelope! This card was a bit of an engineering feat to make an opening in the face of the card so that the Xbox logo appeared from inside. I die cut a circle from the black card base, measuring where I wanted it to line up with the gift cards. Then I die cut a white stitched panel and laid it behind, marking the location for the stitched circle die, which is just slightly larger than the opening in the black card stock. I mounted this to the face of the card and stamped the sentiment with Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink and then attached the PTI die cut numbers. I stamped and colored the dinosaur and fussy cut him, laying him over the face of the card. I have had this stamp for a long time and have no idea whose it is. 


Inside I mounted a pocket I made from a gift card holder die and added the stamped die cut circle to complete the project.

The card I made for his sister is here. She had already gotten her gift, which was tickets for her and her bestie to dinner and "Footloose".

I'm sharing this card with the Tic, Tac Toe Challenge #225. It fits the center down Birthday/Die Cuts/Stamping category.

TTT225 - Featured Designer Karren - Tic Tac Toe Challenge


What the heck, I'll also share it with Less is More Challenge #491 "Anything Goes".





8 comments:

  1. This is very cool....I am sure he'll appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a photo of his surprised reaction! This is fun, Fran and I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a perfect gift for a 14 year old boy and a perfect presentation! Color me awed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran... this is a brilliant birthday card! RAWR! and the gift card I am sure it the tops! Thanks for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!!! I didn't even realize it was a gift card showing through until you showed it open! LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing at LIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun and clever card! Just perfect for a young man. Thanks so much for joining us at Tic-Tac-Toe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imaginative and carefully constructed card - very clever. Thanks for joining us at Less is More for our anything goes challenge.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete