Monday, January 15, 2024

JANUARY MID-MONTH REMINDER - TWO OLD BATS

January 16th already, which means it's time to remind our followers of the "snowy" January Two Old Bats Anything Halloween Challenge!


I decided to combine several of the images from our Mood Board - pumpkin, skull, bat, and snow. I started with a black side-folded card base and a gray stitched rectangular panel that I used a flurry embossing folder on. On a smaller stitched gray panel I stamped Tim Holtz's "Happy Halloween" with Memento "Black Tuxedo ink. Then I stamped it a second time on white and a third time on white with orange ink. I fussy cut the orange pumpkin (and colored in his features with a yellow Copic marker) and the white skull and candle and glued them each over the image. The final step was to white heat emboss some snow from Tim Holtz's Halloween splatter, add some snow to the "Halloween" with white gel pen, and glue this with a black mat over the flurry embossed panel. I did add some white gel dots over the snow on the flurry panel and created a coordinating envelope that I took a yellow Copic marker to for the pumpkins and cat eyes.

I admit to being stumped by what I would create for the reminder post, but I'm happy with this card. 

Here's the mood board and link to our challenge so you can join us:

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: January 2024 Mid Month Reminder


You still have a couple of weeks left in the month, so get crafting! Remember that you can choose not to follow the mood board and can do anything Halloween - and you can enter more than once. If we get to 25 or more entries there is a drawing for a special gift. Check in with our Design Team members to see their very creative inspirational cards.

2 comments:

  1. Wicked cool!! Fran, you are very creative. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Halloween card, Fran! The snow looks great!

    ReplyDelete