Monday, March 4, 2024

ST. PATTY'S DAY

As I write this on Monday morning, it's been snowing off and on since Friday night/Sunday morning - just as it was starting to seem like spring was around the corner. I pretty much stayed in all weekend and worked in my craft room. One of the results is this card that hits a couple of challenges -  Shopping Our Stash #SOS516 - "It's Not Easy Being Green" and NBUS #60 (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff). This is the very beginning of thinking about St. Patrick's Day cards. I'm not sure I'll put in the effort this year - we'll see. At the very least, I'll make cards for the immediate family.

I picked up this little dragon a couple of years ago and this is the first time I've used him. He's from Whimsy Stamps ("Bart on St. Paddy's Day" #C1106). I stamped him with black onto white cardstock, colored him with Copic markers, and fussy cut him. I colored an additional shamrock and glued it over the top of the others for dimension. I know I wanted to use this ancient sentiment in my 3/17 stash and I white heat embossed it onto a scrap of green cardstock. Then I just played with both images for a while until I hit on the idea that Bart and the sentiment would work best in this case on a square card. So I prepared a 5-1/2" square card base and added two additional square panels. Rifling through my dies, I came across a filigree-edged rectangle that I've never used (I have used a smaller version of this rectangle, but not this particular one). I trimmed the sentiment and attached it to the die cut rectangle as a frame and attached them to the card front. I attached Bart with some dimensional foam, overlapping the sentiment. That's it! I found the bright green square envelope in with my St. Patty's Day papers.  


Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge Blog: SOS516 - It's Not Easy Being Green







4 comments:

  1. Fran, what a wonderful St. Patrick's Day card! I love the whimsical dragon with his green top hat - so dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure looks like a happy little fella and a cute one too! Love that pretty frame you used. Wonderful card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is happening with this weather?! It's 75 degrees in the middle of the country and snowing and cold in Oregon! Oh well, Fran, it's great that you made the most of it and snuggled down in your craft room. I love your St. Patty's Day card! The fancy sediment is perfect and who doesn't love a flower-toting beer-drinking adorable dragon?! I also love the way you did the triple layers and made it square. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drunken dragon...celebrating St Paddy's Day...too cute!! Way to go shopping your stash for our "it's not easy being green" challenge!! So glad you joined the fun and play along with us at Shopping Our Stash. Deb Horst, DT #SOS516

    ReplyDelete