Friday, March 1, 2024

MARCH TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE - EEK!

The beginning of March (how did we get here so fast?), and it's a new Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge! I love this month's green mood board - lots of inspiration for you! I went with a combination of the upper right and lower left quadrants for this card - a Venus flytrap in a jar of spiders. My Venus flytrap is eating a spider right out of her web!


You can see from this photo that I started with a stamp from Whimsey Stamps with a jar of eyeballs and other stuff. I stamped it with black on white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and added spiders, and fussy cut it, excluding the skull and pumpkin. I white heat embossed a spider web  and "EEKs" onto a stitched panel of gray printed card stock and glued the jar and some additional fussy cut poison jars to it. I then set about creating a Venus flytrap by drawing and coloring and cutting out and gluing to the top of one of the stems. I also added some die cut PTI leaves and a fussy-cut spider. This I mounted to a bright green polka dot panel that I border punched with drips. It was a fairly complex process, but it was fun! 

Here's a closer look at the images: 


It's now your turn with this fabulous mood board! If you can't find enough inspiration here, not to worry because you can enter any Halloween project. Check out the great cards the Design Team is sharing.







2 comments:

  1. Loads of creepy fun happening on this card! It's terrific, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super Halloween card, Fran! While I have none of these fun images you've purchased and stamped, I did make a Venus Fly Trap image out of red rubber years ago. I need to resurrect it and have a play one of these days when life slows down a bit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete