Friday, March 1, 2024

BIRTHDAY FISHES . . .

. . . FOR MY FAVORITE PISCES!

My brother's 76th birthday has caught me a bit off-guard this year - I've been really busy planning a surprise 40th birthday for the guy who runs the non-profit organization where I volunteer weekly. His birthday is the 8th and my brother's is the 7th. So I decided to cheat a bit by restyling an old card from July of last year. I've had this card from a previous challenge and I thought to CASE my own card, but laziness got the best of me!  I just added a new sentiment over the old one. Is it cheating to offer up an old card with a new sentiment at the current AAA Cards Challenge #259 CAS "Anything Goes - Optional Twist Birthday"? I guess I'll find out!


The new sentiment is a Penny Black set - #30-846 "Birthday Fishes". I white heat embossed it on black card stock, trimmed it, and rounded two of the corners with a Fiskars quarter-round punch. I attached it to the card with black dimensional foam. The original top-half description is HERE. The custom envelope is stamped with a silly rubber stamp "Sealed with a Fish" 

So, we'll see if AAA will accept my cheatin' card!




4 comments:

  1. Fran well it's the first time I've seen your card and it's definitely worth changing up a bit to re-share it. I really love the white embossed waves and bubbles on top of that cool background. I also love the play on the sentiment too, isn't that fun. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like all of those bubbles! This is such a fun card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool design! Those bubbles are amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that card :) Loved it then, love it now!! It is so creative and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete