Monday, February 19, 2024

W IS FOR WINTER

I was inspired to make a "winter" themed card based on the latest challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #247 "W is for Winter". I made the card a couple of days ago and then encountered many technical glitches - we ended up with no internet for a couple of days and my photo software just quit working. I'm not very good with technology, so it's been a bit frustrating to get here with this photo!  



Having said all of that, this project started with a white top-folded card base on which I attached a gray embossed panel with swirls. I added some white gel pen to the dots on the embossed panel. I used a bunch of the zombie silhouettes from Whimsey Stamps #CWSD388 ""Zombie Party" and stamped a row of them in Memento "London Fog" across the center of a gray panel and then over-stamped four more figures with black ink. The snow was added with Tim Holtz splatters from a Halloween set and the sentiment is from Impression Obsessions #CS1082 "Zombie Sayings" - both the splatters and sentiment were white heat embossed. The panel was then die cut with a deckle edge and matted with black. I love this sentiment and have used it several times over the past couple of years! 

 

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS #247 - W is for Winter


Added March 5, 2024:



4 comments:

  1. I ADORE this!!! I do love me some Zombies. (And am wondering if this sentiment is still available?) Thanks so much for sharing this awesome card with the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Jules said! Fabulous card, Fran, thanks for playing with this sisters again - we love it when you do, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muah ha ha ha ha
    So glad you toughed it out to get this photo of your card
    LOVES it :)
    Thanks for celebrating winter with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sentiment. That is awesome. Thanks for joining in the winter fun with the Sisterhood of Snark.

    ReplyDelete