Sunday, September 1, 2024

SEPTEMBER TWO OLD BATS HOLLOWEEN CHALLENGE

We've arrived at September, my favorite month of the year (many family birthdays and anniversaries)! Just look at the images for our Two Old Bats inspiration board - lots of bright colors.



I particularly like the top right quadrant with the three trick-or-treaters and the moon, so that's where I decided to go.


Often, easiest is best. For this brand new September challenge, I opted for easiest since I have SO MANY birthday cards to make this month. I trimmed down some red-orange paper with printed moon crescent and bats and matted it with a coordinating diagonal striped paper from the remains of my Park Lane "Boo!" 12x12 stack (I still have quite a few bits and pieces left in my stash but very little large ones). I die cut 3 witches from black card stock (Whimsey Stamps #WSD488 "Monster Parade") and laid them over the paper after I had white heat-embossed the sentiment and attached all to a black card base. 



The fun part (for me) was finding appropriate jack-o-lanterns to fussy cut from other paper scraps for the witches to carry their candy home in. The final touch was to fussy cut one of the bats from a coordinating paper, glue him to the card, and bend his wings for dimension.

We had a great showing last month, so let's keep up the good work! We have two new fabulous prizes for the drawing if we reach 25 entries - and there's no reason why we won't, since we're drawing nigh to our favorite holiday. 



GO GET 'EM!

 

And because I've never used this witch die before, I'm sharing my card this  month with NBUS Challenge #66:






6 comments:

  1. Oh Fran this is AWESOME! Love the 3 witch trick or treaters LOL and also love that coordinating envelope! You go girl! This is fabulous! Nice post write up too ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Darlene! And thank you for your kind words!
      Xoxo, Fran

      Delete
  2. So creatively FUN, what a fabulously fun take on the mood board!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just hear those witches cackling laugh! Terrific card, Fran and an amazing job fussy cutting those jack-o-lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated.
      Xoxo, Fran

      Delete
  4. What a great take on the mood board, Fran! I love your triplet witches with their cute jack-o-lanterns and the dimensional bat you added! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! (Sorry to be visiting so late!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete