Thursday, August 15, 2024

AUGUST TOB MID-MONTH REMINDER

Mid-August and time for the reminder that we are half-way through our current Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge. If you aren't already working on your Halloween project, there's still plenty of time.  


For my entry, I once again selected the lower left turquoise quadrant as my inspiration - I love this color, although it's a bit unexpected on a Halloween card. 

I die cut an old circular graveyard die (don't remember whose die this is) with black cardstock and laid it over a turquoise circle that I had stamped Hero Arts clouds onto and blended white ink along the edges. Then this circle was matted with a larger white circle and glued to a black top-folded card base that I had white heat-embossed with a sentiment from Impression Obsession #CL553 "Is the Moon Out Tonight?" The white border around the sentiment was added with a white gel pen. Finally, I attached one of Tim Holtz's ghosts die cut from white cardstock. The coordinated envelope was custom-made from some of my favorite two-sided printed card stock.

Here's the link to our challenge:



There's so much to be inspired by with this month's challenge mood board. But remember that you can enter anything Halloween!

We've had a good turnout this month, so it looks like the ladies will be able to have a drawing for those great gifts - watch this space!
 

3 comments:

  1. OH WOW this is an awesome card/envelope my friend! Love that you've picked up the colors from our mood board and that ghost is fabulous! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, I absolutely LOVE your card. Great design and color combo.

    ReplyDelete