Sunday, August 4, 2024

'S' IS FOR SUMMER

WOW, two days in a row with new cards to share! Today I'm inspired by the ladies over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. A lot of the challenges are featuring summer and summer travel right now, but I'll just stay with the snarky ladies because I'm not sure the other challenges would appreciate my sailor's mouth on the inside of my card!


I was thinking about a couple of years ago when three other lady friends and I went off to a week in Kauai, leaving our spouses behind. I would have loved to have this card at that time to send to my husband back home holding down the fort.


I used a new sun stamp I found in a sale when I went searching for tropical images for the cards from yesterday. I masked off a horizontal line on a piece of white cardstock and stamped the image (Hero Arts #H6356 "From the Vault Etched Serene Sun") with PTI "Orange Zest" ink and colored the image with yellow and orange Copic markers. The next step was to create the water with Hero Arts #CM316 layers, using several gray and blue tones. Then I went over the waves with a bit of blended yellow and a bit more blue and blended a sky. I over-stamped the sentiment with some dark gray and glued my creation to the face of a top-folded square card base. I die cut a frame from the same card stock and attached it over the image with dimensional foam.

Inside, I generated the sentiment on my computer, die cut it with a square die, blended a bit of blue for sky, and added birds from the same stamp set as the waves. I double-matted the square with a bit of lighter orange scrap and white cardstock and attached it to the inside. Finally, I fussy cut a couple of empty Adirondack chairs and glued them to the inside.  

So, here's where this card is headed:

  Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS #253 - S is for Summer





3 comments:

  1. I was so curious as to the inside stamp and dangit, it's not a stamp. LOL!!! I actually live about a mile from the beach (Florida) and love this so much. Your snark is ALWAYS appreciated here with us at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muah ha ha ha ha ha maybe not everyone will appreciate it, but WE sure do!!!
    I do love a sweet card with a SMACK of snark on the inside :)
    Thanks for celebrating summer with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally brilliant as always, Fran! Jo x

    ReplyDelete