Saturday, August 3, 2024

TROPICAL THANK YOU

It's been a while since I made a card that isn't a Halloween one! 

The organization that I volunteer for regularly had its annual luau last week and I agreed to make some thank you cards for the groups that performed for us - a hula dance group, Samoan dancers, and a Hawaiian ukulele player. The entertainment was terrific! I had absolutely nothing in my stash that was remotely tropical or Hawaiian so I had to hit a sale at my local crafts store to come up with appropriate images. 



I started with this lovely American Crafts printed paper ("Tropical Garden") that I die cut with a stitched rectangular die and attached to the face of a top-folded white A2 card base. Then I die cut a Hero Arts #D1649 "Leaves & Vines Fancy Die" from the same white card stock and attached it over the face of the printed paper. The sentiment was white heat-embossed on a turquoise scrap and die cut with a stitched tag and tied with orange raffia. I glued the tag to the face and fussy cut and layered on an orange hibiscus blossom from the printed paper. I'm pleased with the outcome.

I think there are a couple of different places I can share my project:

All of the above is using completely new-to-me and never before used, so I'm sending it over to the NBUS Challenge #65 for August.



And since I used some pretty printed paper, I'll add this to Diane and Darlene's new challenge blog:

 




2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun evening! I'll bet your thank you card was a big hit with the performers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This thank you is Tropical with a capital T, Fran, and so ideal for the occasion! That pp is everything and it was the perfect background for your die and beautiful flower and flare! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete