Thursday, August 1, 2024

AUGUST TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

Well, it's August and we have a brand new challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween ChallengeI know I say this every month at this time, but how did it get to be August? The ladies have a great inspiration board for us, but you can do anything Halloween if the board doesn't inspire you. Generally I stick with something on the board, and this time is no different - I love the turquoise colors of the lower left quadrant and the upper left quadrant with the skeleton sitting on a pumpkin. The only thing missing here is a cat, unless you count the two that tried to photobomb while I was shooting my pics! 

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: August 2024 Anything Goes Halloween




I started this card with a side-folding black A7 card base. On a turquoise spider damask printed paper I stamped and black heat-embossed the tail of an Inkadinkado witch to make it look like steam coming out of the die-cut pumpkin cup, adding a black sentiment. I also heat- embossed the swirl with white and orange on the same background paper and fussy cut stars, pumpkins, and skulls from it to paste over the black swirl. The skeleton is one of my favorite often-used images, stamped with black on white, fussy-cut, and tucked behind the cup.

I added a couple of Whimsey Stamps bats and black twine. Finally I added some candies, fussy-cut from the printed paper I used for the coordinating envelope.


Last month's challenge entries didn't get quite up to 25, so we still have these great goodies for a drawing:






2 comments:

  1. Super fun Halloween card, Fran! Love the skeleton and the steam coming from the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW what an awesome card Fran! LOVE how that skeleton is coming out of the pumpkin! And the dimensional bats! TOO COOL & SPOOKY!!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete