Thursday, September 3, 2026

WHAT'S UP?

The new September challenge at Simply CAS Challenge, that's what's up! This month the challenge presented by Darlene is "Jungle Animals". 

Simply Clean & Simple: September 2026 - Jungle Animals




This was quite a stretch for me this month, since I had to really comb through my supplies for a single image of a jungle animal. Well, this is it - a couple of monkeys from an ancient acrylic stamp set with a copyright of 2006. I bought it in 2011 for a 2nd birthday invitation for our grand-twins - that's how old this is! This will probably be the last time I use this stamp because it's starting to break down.

For the background I stamped a white card base with green inks with an upside-down vine from an old leaf stamp set of PTI's, to suggest a jungle environment. I stamped the monkeys on the face of the card and die cut a Stampin' Up tag from it and colored them with copics and blended a bit of light green under them. I tied on a piece of fine linen thread that I colored with inks and mounted it over 3 additional layers of tags for some dimension, after adding the tiny sentiment. 

If you haven't been there yet, head over to the SCAS blog to see the fun projects with jungle animals from the rest of the design team!

No comments:

Post a Comment