Unfortunately, I'm tasked this weekend with making two sympathy cards for friends who passed away within a week of each other. My decision was to make both of them nearly identical and at the same time - sympathy cards are not my favorite form of expression. I made one similar a couple of months back, so wanted to stick to a familiar formula.
I started by making two A2 card bases from watercolor paper. Using an old rubber stamp with a row of flowers, I white heat-embossed the image onto a scrap of black cardstock and die cut two small deckle-edge rectangles from the same piece. I die cut a couple of additional black card stock rectangles to add dimension to the images and then matted them each with plain rectangles from the watercolor paper scraps, with the plate marks showing. I stamped the sentiment (from Hero Arts #CM317 "Color Layering Sea & Sky") with black ink and glued the matted rectangles to the face of the card.


No comments:
Post a Comment