Thursday, June 20, 2019

July 4th and Freshly Made Sketches #393

I've been struggling the past couple of years with new ideas for the 4th of July cards I send to all of our family and friends. How many potential design options are there for stars and stripes and red, white, and blue? I haven't purchased any new stamps, paper, or dies for this holiday for a couple of years, so I feel like I'm in a design rut that I can't seem to break out of!
 
Using the design layouts in the challenges is helpful, so I played along with Freshly Made Sketches this week. I'm not sure if I will use this for this year's card edition but I'm running out of time.
 
 
Rubber stamps for both the Declaration of Independence signatures
and the Statue of Liberty are older ones from Stamp Francisco. The stars
die is one from my stash, manufacturer unknown. Inks are PTI "Spring
Rain" and "Enchanted Evening".
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. What a fun patriotic card! I love the border of die-cut stars. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful images! I love how you combined them for the sketch. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete