Sunday, December 8, 2019

Season's Greetings

 
My craft room looks like someone took a wrecking ball to it! After spreading papers and supplies over every available surface, I came out with only 2 cards to show for the mess. The simplicity of this card belies the struggle I had to design it and find the appropriate papers. I think I made at least 4 attempts before just walking away for awhile. I'm entering this into this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #572.
 
 

The inks used are PTI's "Pinefeather" and Versamark's "Watermark" with Stampendous! "Pirate Gold" embossing powder. The small dots of metallic pen don't show up in the photo. In addition the leaves were filled in with green and aqua felt pens. The round and star sequins are from my stash. Both images are from Impression Obsession - the wreath #D12102 rubber cling and the sentiment is from their #CL971 "Holiday Words" set.
 
 
 
 
 
My second card is one that I made using old papers from a Christmas kit that someone gave me several years ago. I fussy-cut the trees and lined them up on the red-orange strip and glued sequins to the tops. The Impression Obsession sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder onto a coordinating green strip and mounted with foam tape. Two additional sheets of paper were used for the coordinating envelope. Easy-peasy!
 
 
 
 
I'm entering this card into Freshly Made Sketches #414. I rotated the design 90 degrees.
 
 

 
 


4 comments:

  1. I love the arrangement of the wreath and the sentiment! And your forest of colorful trees is so cheerful for the holidays. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some adorable trees! Super cute! Love the layering of the trees and sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love your card Fran! You've used fabulous colours and wonderful images! Bring on Christmas! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas cards! Your wreath is so classy and I totally love this cheery and colorful tree forest. There's all of the magic of Christmas in it! . Thanks so much for sharing at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete