Tuesday, October 20, 2020

THIS YEAR'S HALLOWEEN CARD

Well, I'm not sure what possessed me to make such a complicated Halloween card this year, but I'm pretty sure I won't do it again!


 

This thing was multiple folds and steps and die-cut layers and I made 25 of them and I practically have to take out a second mortgage to pay for the postage! I don't know what the name of this fold is, but it stands up on its own for display.






 

Most of the dies came from the Jim Holtz collection for Sizzix and I am absolutely in love with those ghosts. I cut them from vellum so that they would appear to be translucent. The cardstock and matching envelopes are from LCI Papers and I lined the envelopes with lightweight scrapbook paper in orange with white polkadots. The stamped images on the front fold are done with white embossing powder. 

1 comment:

  1. This is the best halloween card I've ever seen Fran - and I don't even do halloween!! How amazing are those ghosts in vellum and you've made your multi-stepped, multi-folded card seem clean and uncluttered even with that level of detail. Deeply impressed! Also - it's a 'special' kind of a year this year and your incredible cards are sure to be treasured! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete