Sunday, November 15, 2020

WELCOME FALL




 

A view of my dining room buffet decked out for Fall.

This next week will be very busy as workmen are arriving tomorrow morning to tear up my kitchen in preparation for new countertops, sink and faucet, cooktop, vent hood, and some new overhead cabinets. Our kitchen is tiny and as much as I would love to just tear out the wall between kitchen and dining and start from scratch, it ain't gonna happen! So we're satisfying ourselves by just widening the opening between the two rooms and adding a bar-height counter on the dining side. It's pretty minimal but will at least open the rooms more to one another. Given any other year I wouldn't proceed with this project the week before Thanksgiving - but 2020 is not like any other year I've known in my 3/4 of a century on this earth. We'll not be hosting a large family gathering this year. Oregon is partially closed down again for the next two weeks and gatherings of more than 6 are discouraged.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment