Saturday, March 27, 2021

ATCAS Challenge - "Birthday"

Jaydee is hosting our Addicted to CAS challenge #194 for this new two-week period and our code word is "Birthday". Here I am quite literally under the wire with my submission. Everything has gotten completely away from me this week. 

I actually did two cards today but decided that the first one was too fussy for a CAS card and quickly turned out a second simpler birthday card.


I used some odds and ends of things from my stash for this card. The first thing I did was to ink up an old rubber stamp with 2 colors of ink for an ombre effect - PTI dye inks "New Leaf" and "Ocean Tides" and cut a tag from it. I cut a second tag and attached them adding a die cut "happy" from Hero Arts and a tiny dark green tag, tied off with some gray-green twine and wooden bead. The card base is from a set of rectangular dies I use a lot. 


 I think you'll agree that this is a bit more CAS! It's now your turn to produce your CAS birthday card - don't follow my lead of getting fussy! Just have a good time.



I was thinking about my youngest granddaughter Kaitlyn while making this card. She's quite a child of nature and I'll save it until this fall for her 7th birthday. 

By the time I completed my first card it was late in the day and light was low and my eyes are still somewhat blurry, which makes photography difficult. Is that enough excuses?


I started out with my Hero Arts "Fancy Dies" border, wondering how it would work with printed striped paper that I had on hand. I liked the effect and layered it with a white embossed sentiment on green polka dot card stock. Once I had the sentiment and border together it was looking quite bare so I decided to emboss the card base with Sizzix embossing folder and then 2 blind embossed lines below. I die cut the bird from part of the same printed paper as the border and added pink hearts. I lined the 6"x 6" envelope with the same green I used on the sentiment, die cut a heart from the flap, and inserted a pink satin ribbon that I will use to tie the envelope closed before I give it to her. I wish I could give you all of the manufactures of the items above, but honestly my work room is such a mess that I can no longer find anything. 

I believe I'll send this card over to AAA Cards Game #186 "Along the Edge" + Optional Twist "Die Cuts Only". We'll see if I get kicked off for having a stamped sentiment!



 





  

  

5 comments:

  1. You do make me laugh Fran - your cards are always perfection and this one is no exception! I adore that little bird and the sweet garden you made for him to fly about in. Your placement of the hearts is spot on and the curvy little sentiment so well-chosen. I can imagine how special this will look in its envelope, tied up with that ribbon :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like spring... the flowers, the colours and the dots look like rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to be a Guest Designer with you this time, your cards are amazing, I have a particular penchant for chickens and the hearts somehow made your bird remind me of a chicken... so your second card really appealed to me, but both are gorgeous!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on both cards! Both are really cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Along the Edge card, great use of die cuts. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete