Saturday, April 3, 2021

COLOR THROWDOWN #636

Lazy afternoon! I'm having a bit of trouble with incentive today and would really rather be outside working in my garden but can't even quite get myself moving enough to do that. We're going to go do some winetasting this afternoon and probably on our return, naps will be in order!

I played a while this morning on the Color Throwdown #636 - "Light Pink, Dark Pink, and Cream". Cream-colored cardstock seems to be in short supply in my paper stash these days so I really had to scrounge to come up with scraps for this card. I have lots of ivory but very little cream. 


I started this card by stamping an old rubber stamp with PTI "Hibiscus Burst" dye ink on both cream and light pick stock. Then I lined them both up and die cut a heart through both layers, removing the heart from the cream layer, and inserting the light pink heart. I then die cut the flower (Alexandra Renke "Magic Flower 2"). I folded a dark pink card to 
5-1/2" x 5-1/2" and attached the cream square and light pink liner and inked a dark pink sentiment on a cream strip. I punched the 2 openings on the strip, inserted the stem of the flower, and attached it and some sequins onto the card - and there you have it.



 Our family doesn't really celebrate Easter in any traditional church-going manner but we do all get together to hide eggs for the kids and eat ham. We missed last year because of the pandemic but this year all of the adults have been vaccinated so we'll be participating in a small family gathering with our son's in-laws, whom we haven't seen for over a year, even though we all live in the same city.

If you are planning any special Easter activities, have fun and stay safe!
Easter bunny hugs, Fran

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your card is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful take on the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete