Tuesday, April 6, 2021

LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE #440

This week's Less is More Challenge is a colour one (or as we spell it here in the US, color) - pink, gray, and gold. I think this is a difficult combination of mixing cool and warm colors. My cell phone also was driving me nuts because it couldn't seem to show the subtlety of medium gray/dark gray tones and no matter how many times I photographed it, it always came off as gray and black. 


I used one of  my favorite flower dies for this. I've used this die set from Impression Obsession (DIE169-R "Hollyhocks") repeatedly over the past couple of years and never tire of it. I cut it in pale pink and dark gray and glued the flowers to a medium gray background. I die cut an additional one in gold to fill the centers of the pink flowers. The sentiment is from two different PTI stamp sets, gold embossed on light pink and dark gray strips, and all layers are mounted with a gold liner on a pink card.

"Less is More": Challenge #440 - Pink, Grey and Gold (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)





Added May 14, 2021:



3 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous, classy creation. I love everything about it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colo(u)rs you've used, and the die set as well. A great CAS card for our colo(u)r challenge at Less is More, thanks for playing.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant take on the LIM theme

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete