Thursday, March 25, 2021

COLOR THROWDOWN 635

Good morning, all! 

Yesterday I looked in on the current Color Throwdown challenge thinking I haven't participated in one of those for some time and I needed some inspiration for a card for my daughter-in-law's niece - a remarkable 18-year-old young woman who graduated from high school early and went on to get her Certified Medical Assistant license and is now administering COVID-19 vaccinations for a local clinic. She leaves for Tennessee in a couple of months and has enrolled in pre-med. I wanted to let her know how proud we are of her. She and I share the same birthday, so there's always been a connection between us. 


Color Throwdown #635 (ctd635) this week is featuring pink, purple, aqua, and yellow. I used a new-to-me Picket Fence Studios stamp ("Swallowtail Beauty" A138) that I haven't used yet. I stamped it with PTI "Royal Velvet" dye ink. If you want a real adventure in stamping try using a small cube of ink on a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" stamp! I colored the wings with some Pentel markers I keep around for the grandkids and then mounted it on a square purple card. The sentiment is from Avery Elle's ""Loads of Wishes" ST-18-07, using VersaMark ink and purple Zing! embossing powder. The tab with the sentiment wraps to the inside of the card, holding down lightweight lavender paper. I'll use it on the inside to tuck a gift card. I love the aqua 1/4" grosgrain ribbon I found in my jumble of ribbon scraps. It was just long enough to secure the tab on this card! 




Thank you, Color Throwdown DT for the fun inspiration!

Stay safe!
Fran




No comments:

Post a Comment