Saturday, March 20, 2021

CRAFTING IN A BLUR

It's hard to imagine what kind of obsessive crafting behavior would cause one to think she needed to start her cardmaking two days after cataract surgery, with one eye not able to focus. Yet here I am stumbling along with a blurry left eye and my right eye trying to make up for the handicap with old prescriptive lenses. I had surgery last month on the right eye and I love the new clarity of colors, but I can't get new glasses until the left eye completely heals. 

All of that to say that if you see fingerprints or cat hairs or whatever on this card, I do have an excuse! (Those sequins, however unintended, are placed where they are for a reason.)



This card is my entry into the CASology challenge for week 386 with the cue card "Long". I couldn't imagine how I could come up with something for this challenge, but digging through my old stamp sets (and a magnifying glass) I came across the sentiment "it's been too long" in PTI's "Friends 'Til the End". The "Hello" is also a PTI stamp (Embroidered Blooms), as is the tiny butterfly (Beautiful Butterflies), and the Berry Sorbet ink. The die cut is Alexandra Renke's "Magic Blossom". I die cut the blossom and then re-cut the stem to make it longer. It was only appropriate that I should use a slim line card base and custom-made #10 envelope.


CASology: Week 386: LONG



Well, that's my offering for this fine Saturday morning! Thanks for stopping by.

Myopically yours,  Fran

Added March 30, 2021:

     








2 comments:

  1. Lovely, elegant design, Fran! Your color choices are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card and the perfect sentiment. And it really looks as though both of your eyes were functioning perfectly when you designed it. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete