Friday, March 12, 2021

HELLO, SPRING

I know it's not "officially" spring, but it certainly looks like it out my window this morning. The sun is shining brightly and leaf buds are forming on the lilac bush and apple tree. I'm looking forward to seeing the bees arrive, so I chose that image for the black & white inchie challenge at AAA Cards. I suppose I cheated a little by adding a tiny bit of yellow, but I was compelled - the sunshine made me do it!





The challenge was to keep all of the image and sentiment within a 1" square or circle. I started with a 1" square formed with dots from an old stamp set that is long-forgotten. I turned it on a diagonal and added the bee from another set and then the tiny sentiment from my new favorite Hero Arts #CM351 set. I finished by raising a top layer with a slightly larger die-cut square and a length of yellow twine. I lined a matching manufactured envelope with some yellow dotted paper from my stash. Ready to greet spring!






2 comments:

  1. Stunning card. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inchie square rotated to make a diamond. Fab off the edge placement too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete