Saturday, March 13, 2021

SHAPES

This 2-week period of Addicted to CAS is all about "Shapes", hosted by Raga. I had quite a bit of trouble trying to come up with an idea for this card - not because it's a difficult concept but because I hardly knew where to start because so much can be done with it. 

I zeroed in on this interesting 2-sided tribal paper, wanting to use the triangles on the black & white side and the circles on the red & orange side. When I started working with it I thought it looked like Native American or African symbols and then remembered this old Kokopelli wooden stamp I had hidden in some box somewhere. I found it, die-cut a circle out of the face of the card and inserted an orange one in its place then stamped the dancers with Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink. I was amazed to see that the symbols on Kokopelli's garments mirrored the images of the paper. I blind embossed the sentiment with white on orange cardstock and pasted the strip onto a 1" strip of the patterned paper. I made a matching custom A2 envelope with the two-sided paper.



 

I'm hoping all of you have fun with this code word and don't overthink the challenge like I often do!

                                            Addicted to CAS: Challenge #193 - Shapes





 

5 comments:

  1. This is so fun - love the dancers frolicking in front of the circle! It caught my eye straight away over at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same Fran - SO many different options for Shapes! Your card ended up a beauty. I love the dancers and the circle is like a sun or maybe a harvest moon. It works so perfectly with the patterned paper and I love that you made a matching envelope! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant design! Love how you draw inspiration from the two-sided patterned paper. So interesting to read through your blog post Fran. The dancers infront of the circle and the triangle borders screams Warli paintings. Fabulous card! The envelope is a cherry on top! 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I have that stamp too. Love your design.

    ReplyDelete