Saturday, March 6, 2021

SHAMROCKS

 Hello, all. 

I've been thinking about my mom today and her propensity for finding 4-leaf clovers. I don't know how she did it, but I came across one of them recently and put it into a tiny frame as a special gift for my son to remember her by.

It's a lovely almost spring day and here I am sequestered in my office instead of being outside tending to some garden cleanup. But it rained all night so it's still very wet - I'm telling myself! I'm taking advantage of a quiet spell to play a bit with my stamps and paper. I partially cleaned up the office this morning and then started in on the current CASology challenge and now it looks worse than when I started cleaning up. It amazes me that I can make such a mess to turn out a single CAS card.

The team at CASology is using the code word "Luck". I've been working all week on my personal St. Patrick's Day cards (this isn't the card I'm sending out in bulk) so I have shamrocks on the brain. I used some older stamps that I've used quite a few times over the years, but mixed them up a bit.




I started by stamping this shamrock image from Prickley Pear with PTI's "Pinefeather" dye ink and coloring it with a Copic marker and white jell pen. Then I gold embossed the Impression Obsession sentiment on a scrap of vellum with little metallic flakes in it and used a straight edge to tear the edges. I punched a couple of small holes through both layers and threaded a green/gold metallic ribbon through it and mounted it all to a Strathmore water color card. 








1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that sentiment! And, it looks great in gold on vellum. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete