Saturday, August 14, 2021

FISHY LEFTOVERS

The week before last I drove up to Longview, Washington (the place of my birth) and picked up a cousin who lives alone and doesn't get out much and brought her back here to southern Oregon for a week. Then last weekend hubby and I drove her back to Longview and stopped off in Portland on our way home, where an old friend hosted us in her home. She fixed the most incredible baked steelhead for our dinner and I wanted to send a special thank you to her and her family. I had this leftover fish that I had decided not to use on my Addicted to CAS "Fishy" card and it's been sitting here on my craft table for a week. Then I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketches #498 by Jen T. and decided that with a couple of oval dies for a platter it could make the perfect thank you card!



I started by die-cutting a Pink Fresh Stitched Rectangle and then die-cutting an oval opening in the center of it and mounting that to a cardstock base. Then I layered 2 more ovals over that opening, finishing with the largest oval with a decorative edge. I die-cut a couple of branches from Penny Black's "Airy" 51-423 in green lightweight scraps, glued them to the platter and laid the fish that I had fussy-cut last week onto the greens with some dimensional foam. The fussy-cut spoon is from PTI's "Tea for Two Additions", and the lemon wedges are Tim Holtz "Happy Hour Cocktails" dies. The sentiment is a random stamp that I heat-embossed in white onto a mauve scrap.

What to do with leftover fish!

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #498 - A Sketch by Jen T 

 



Added August 17, 2021




5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful "Thank You" for dinner! Love, love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a clever as can be! Love the platter for the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so very clever! Genius way to use the sketch and such a wonderful thank you card. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh... this card and the one you made for ATCAS are phenomenal. Isn't it amazing what we find among our old stamps? Like you, I have pulled off the rubber and donated all the wood blocks to a nursery school. Now I just have labeled Zip-locks with old rubber stamps. But every once in awhile I think of one and am so glad I have them! Your platter of fish is an amazing presentation... thank you so much for sharing all the details of its creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great interpretation of the sketch and a beautiful card to thank someone for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete