Saturday, August 14, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS #204 - FISHY

Jaydee selected "Fishy" for our code for the next two weeks at our Addicted to CAS challenge.

I honestly didn't think I would be able to come up with a "fishy" card for Jaydee's chosen code word without a trip to the craft store to search out fish stamps. But then I remembered that I had at one point purchased a couple of wooden stamps for birthday invitations for a 4-year-old daughter of one of my son's friends. That little 4-year-old is now 20, so that tells you how old this stamp is! It must have been one of the first stamps I owned and other than the invitations, I don't remember ever using it anywhere else. I had thrown it into a bin of old stamps and ink pads for the grandkids. The wooden block says Postmodern Design #RE3-106-C "Funny Fish". I have a habit these days of peeling the old rubber images off of the wooden blocks and using them with my MISTI or Tonic stamp platforms.


The first thing I did with this fish image was to stamp it twice with a very pale warm gray ink. Then, using "Laurel Leaves" rubber stamps from IndigoBlu (because I thought it looked more like seaweed than any other of my leaf stamps), I layered them over the fish with PTI "New Leaf" and "Pinefeather" inks. Then I colored the fish with Copic markers and white gel pen and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts #CM316 "Color Layering Waves" with PTI "Pinefeather". I had cut the cardstock just slightly smaller than the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded card so I attached it with dimensional foam.

Sometimes I completely surprise myself with what paper scraps I find in my heaps of paper, and I loved that I was able to line the grape-colored envelope with this river rock printed paper!

Now over to you so you can amaze yourselves with your clever ideas - can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this theme! Just remember to keep it clean & simple.



  

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great card! Love the design, your beautiful coloring and also that great envelope liner does go perfectly with the card - nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card. I love those fish sneaking around behind the greenery. Such a fun card and thanks for making me laugh!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete