Saturday, September 11, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS - LEAF

It's hard to believe that it's far enough into the year that we're now thinking about falling leaves and pumpkins. But that's exactly where we are and our very talented Vicky has selected "Leaf" for our Challenge #206.

 


I first cut out a scrap of Strathmore watercolor paper stock and stamped it with the maple leaf from PTI's "Leaf Prints". I used Altenew's "Rocky Shore" for the base, edged with PTI's "Americano" and finally stamped the veins with Altenew's "Espresso". The watercolor paper took the dies in an interesting mottled manner, which I was hoping for, but it takes a long while for it to dry before I could use the gold embossing of the sentiment from Impression Obsession's #WP684 "Leaf Set". After die-cutting the sienna-colored cardstock with one of my new Pink Fresh "Stitched Rectangles", I ran the edges across my VersaMark watermark stamp pad and dipped it in gold embossing powder. I attached this to another slightly larger layer of the sienna cardstock and glued this to a folded Strathmore watercolor folded card. Finally I punched a couple of rectangular openings in the corner and tied some silk thread and wooden beads because, well why not? The card cried out for a bit of embellishment!

Here's a closer look at the sentiment. I'm not sure why my phone recorded a slight gray smudgy-looking shadow around the gold embossing - it's most assuredly not on the original card.



It's now your turn for your take on "Leaf"!

2 comments:

  1. Fran, I adore your cards! They are always unique and beautifully designed. I love the quote you've used on this one and it looks gorgeous layered in gold embossing over your beautiful textured leaf. The embellishment is the perfect touch - such an elegant result! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, this is gorgeous and so elegant. The touch of metallic is beautiful and I love your gorgeous leaf with that sentiment. Love it!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete