Sunday, September 12, 2021

PASTEL BIRTHDAY

It's been quite a while since I've participated in a Seize the Birthday challenge so yesterday I set out to do just that. The current challenge is #222 - Pastel Colors. I chose blue, peach, and green, although I'm afraid my phone didn't cooperate with me in showing the pale shade of the green. In addition to deciding on making a birthday card in pastel tones, I chose to use the current Freshly Made Sketches #502 as a layout inspiration.


I used smooth white card stock for the top-folded card and a textured white for the sentiment strip. The first thing I did was die cut a stitched rectangle from pale blue linen paper and white heat emboss a splotched background from Tim Holtz "Haunted House" rubber stamp set and glued the rectangle to the right side of the card. I had gifted myself with some new Alexandra Renke D-AR-FL0104 "Myrtella" dies that I cut the leaves and flower stalks from. To make buds I cut some bits from a pale peach card stock and also die cut a couple of peach flowers from the Renke "Asterella" set. The sentiment is stamped with PTI "Sweet Blush" using PTI's "Birthday Bash Sentiments".

Seize the Birthday: Seize the Birthday #222-Pastel Colors




That's it for today - time for a nap! 


5 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! Love those flowers and the pretty pastel flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, delicate design, Fran! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pastel pink and blue are wonderful together! Such a pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pastel birthday card. Love the pretty blooms and your great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pastel design, love the added spatters in the background. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete