Monday, September 13, 2021

NON-TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLORS

Well, this was fun! The current Happy Little Stampers posed the Christmas challenge of "Anything Goes + Optional Non-Traditional". I opted to go with non-traditional colors for this Christmas card.


On a side-folded slim-line card I mounted a white card panel matted with shiny silver cardstock. I have this beautiful blue/silver Japanese rice paper I've been hoarding for years and that's where I started, by cutting it smaller than the white base. Then I layered banks of snow that I die-cut with my Lawn Fawn stitched waves and stamped sentiment (Impression Obsession #CL971 "Holiday Words" and Distress Ink "Stormy Sky"). The cute little houses and trees are from a new (to me) Alexandra Renke D-XX-AR-W0128 "Winter City" die set. I glued everything together and added a little die-cut MFT heart.

Peach, yellow, green, and blue - not traditional Christmas colors!


 Happy Little Stampers: HLS September Christmas Challenge



 
On a personal note, my new custom signature stamp arrived that I ordered from ThePrintMint on Etsy. I'll be using this to stamp and date the back of all of my cards from this day forward!

 

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful card. I am glad you used your hoarded paper.
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.
    Barb Housner DT

    ReplyDelete