Saturday, September 18, 2021

BOO!

It's time for me to go full-on into Halloween cards and Freshly Made Sketches #503 by Cecile offered up a fun challenge from which to jump off. I have so many Halloween scraps in my stash and I welcome any opportunity to use them. I've been wondering if I could squeeze out almost 30 cards from my scraps this year and not buy any more Halloween paper for a while. I think I'll challenge myself with that.




I started by die-cutting a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 stitched rectangular from a piece of black cardstock and white heat embossed the sentiment from one of my Halloween stamp sets and mounted this to an orange top-folded card. I die-cut 4 squares from a couple of scraps and glued on part of a die-cut Sizzix Tim Holtz spider web and added them to the card and finished off with a Tim Holtz ghost (#664209) die that I added some dimensional foam to and glued 2 googly eyes to the sentiment.    


Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #503 - A Sketch by Cécile




The REALLY good news this morning is that it's finally raining! Hopefully this will help with the wild fires, and after tomorrow the smoke will have cleared from our valley. It's been terrible for more than a month.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cool looking Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a very cool Halloween card! I love the black background paired with the vivid color squares . Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete