Saturday, October 9, 2021

CLEAN & SPOOKY

How appropriate is this new challenge at Addicted to CAS #208 "Spooky" for October? I think Barb was on to something here! 

I'll soon be wrapping up all of my Halloween papers and stamps for another year and getting out all of the fall and winter stuff in my stash. I've now stacked up almost enough Halloween cards to send to my entire mailing list - I think I only need about 3 more.


I started this card with the little raven image (StampFrancisco) by stamping him with Momento "Tuxedo Black" ink and coloring him with a couple of Copic markers. (I have a fondness for ravens, as my maiden name was Poe!) Then I masked him off and stamped the Tim Holtz cobweb with PTI "Soft Stone". I added the blood drops and spider and then finally black heat-embossed the sentiment and die cut it all with a stitched rectangle. Before adding it with dimensional foam to a white card front I  stamped the cobweb a second time directly onto the card front to extend it off the bottom. I also added a small dark gray bead to the raven's eye.

That's it! I hope you'll join us with Barb's code word challenge. Clean and Spooky! 

  Addicted to CAS: Challenge #208 - Spooky


3 comments:

  1. The lighter web looks perfect on this spooky card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you related to Edgar at all?!
    Love this spooky little number with the beady-eyed raven, the hint of web and oh my goodness THE BLOOD!!! Vicky x

    PS I'm so glad you like seeing pics of Eva. It's just self indulgence really but she is such a sweetie! I'm so sorry you miss your lovely Sara. They leave such a gap behind them don't they. x

    ReplyDelete