Friday, October 8, 2021

NEW HOME

This evening we are on our way over to my husband's nephew's new home. I made a congratulations card for him and his wife this afternoon.


This was a very fast and easy card. I die-cut a stitched rectangle in white cardstock and made a stencil to blend pale blue ink on for sky. I still have a way to go before I learn to blend evenly. I stamped the sentiment from Impression Obsession (#C5676) with PTI "Ocean Tides". I then die-cut some new little house and fence dies from Nellie's Choice $SD214 in 3 pastel cardstocks and white and glued them to the rectangle, popping up the pink one with some dimensional foam. I added a small pink heart and an Ocean Tide cardstock mat and attached both layers to a side-folded white card. Inside I added another stitched rectangle, a small white house with pink window, and green sentiment from a new stamp set from WPlus9 Design Studio "Neighbors".


On a personal note, I'll be doing quite a few "New Home" cards in the future. My son just recently got his broker's license and he has aligned with John L. Scott Real Estate, one of the largest real estate offices in our area. He has asked me to put together a bunch of samples of several different designs that the agents can give to their clients when they close on their new homes. I've been stocking up on stamps and dies that might work for this and I have yet to determine what I might sell them for. I'm looking forward to working on this once we get past the holidays.

Thanks for stopping by!      Fran

1 comment:

  1. Your 'houses in the clouds' card is just beautiful Fran and the the ornate sentiment embellished with a heart works perfectly with it. You always pay such attention to detail too - in this case the envelope liner and the house and sentiment carried over inside the card. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete