Saturday, November 6, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS #210 - CIRCLE

It's time once again for a new challenge at ATCAS and our host Sue has selected "Circle" as the new code word. I'm starting to put some serious thought into Thanksgiving cards so chose to go in that direction.


I started with some 100 lb. Warm Cream felt card stock I ordered from LCI Paper that arrived this morning. I trimmed the cardstock to 5-1/2" x 11" and folded it in half. Then I cut a slightly smaller square and die-cut a circle out of the center. I then cut another circle slightly smaller than the first one and stamped the tree image with PTI "Orange Zest" and "Dark Chocolate" inks. I over-printed the sentiment from Savvy Sentiments with Zing! "Copper" heat embossing powder (which doesn't show up in this photo). I then glued the circle with the images onto the face of the card and mounted the larger circle over that with dimensional foam. Finally, I die-cut a small maple leaf from some scraps of copper fabric left over from my son's wedding invitations 13 years ago and glued on three small copper sequins. 

Here's a close-up photo that shows the copper metallic sentiment a bit better:






 

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful this shimmery autumnal design is Fran. Love the way you framed your tree and sentiment simply with the circles. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exquisite. The tree and the opening just draw you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Where sis you find that lovely tree stamp? I think what you did with this card is most creative. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete