Sunday, November 7, 2021

WINTER WHITES

It was a busy card weekend of playing along with a couple of challenges. This first card is for Less is More #455 - "Winter Whites". I'm also entering it into Just Us Girls #609 - "Merry". I love all white or mostly white cards, so this was a joy to make. 


I started this one with a top-folded white card. I die-cut a slightly smaller stitched rectangle and glued an oval die that I cut from a slightly off-white iridescent paper. Over this I mounted a couple of layered snowflake dies and a smaller white oval blind-embossed with Stampendous "PEARLustre Peridot" - a warm silver powder. The semtiment is Impression Obsession D14802, a rubber stamp that I've had for a couple of years but haven't used yet. I mounted the top oval over the snowflakes with dimensional foam and then punched a small hole through the center of the snowflakes and threaded through thin white satin ribbon. I had some old snow-swirl warm silver paper in my stash that I used to line a white envelope.

Since the sentiment didn't show in my photo as metallic, here's a close-up:



6 comments:

  1. White on white is a favorite of mine as well, Fran! This turned out well and you got excellent results with your embossing too. Thanks for being with us the week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of this, Fran! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super make, anyone would be delighted to receive this

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and very elegant design! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card, with the side on pic really emphasising the white-on-white elements beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just LOVE this. Fabulous sentiment stamp and you have used it brilliantly! Thanks so much for playing our Winter Whites challenge at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete