Sunday, November 14, 2021

FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS

The Thanksgiving cards are all but finished! All I have to do at this point is sign them, slip them into their envelopes, and drop them into the mail. This is probably the earliest I've had my cards finished.


I made 26 of these flat enough to go through the US mail with standard first-class postage. I started with some 120 lb. Environment "Desert Storm" cardstock from LCI Paper and matching A2 envelopes. I side-folded the cards and stamped the leaf swirl across the face of the card with PTI "Orange Zest" ink. Then I die-cut a smaller stitched rectangle and repositioned the stamp on my MISTI so that the swirl would match up when the top piece was glued to the face of the card with a dark brown vellum mat. I added some additional color to the leaves with PTI "Americana" ink. I have no idea whose autumn swirl this is, I've had it for so many years and have used it again and again. The sentiment is from Colorado Craft Company's Savvy Sentiments #SS366 - "Truly Thankful" and stamped with PTI "Dark Chocolate and heat embossed with Stampendous "Detail Clear" embossing powder to enrich the color of the sentiment and add a bit of sheen. The final step was to die cut a couple of tiny houses with Nellie's Choice #SD214 "Village" from dark brown cardstock and glue those over the leaf swirl. 

You can see that I also used the leaf swirl image across the corner of the matching envelopes. I also lined the envelopes with dark brown vellum that I had in my papers. I couldn't get a good photo of the inside but they have a matching leaf swirl, "Happy Thanksgiving", and a single tiny die-cut house.

I thought to send this over to Happy Little Stampers November "Anything Goes with Dies" challenge. 

 Happy Little Stampers: HLS November Anything Goes with Dies Challenge



2 comments:

  1. Love the added leaf flourish and the movement it creates! Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Thanksgiving cards and envelope - they're so elegant!

    ReplyDelete