Sunday, November 21, 2021

HOLIDAY GREETINGS

Good morning, all! I hadn't really planned to make a card this morning, but yesterday I cleaned up my craft room and I couldn't wait to get in and mess it up again! However, I exercised extreme discipline and put things away as I used them. The challenge that caught my imagination this morning is CAS Colours & Sketches (My spell-check doesn't like that spelling of colors!) #445 - Pink, Metallic Silver & Moss. 


I used a couple of my old PTI products for this card - "Lovely Layers" clear stamps and coordinating dies. I've used these dies over and over as a shamrock at St. Patrick's Day and experimented once with it as a Christmas poinsettia and that's what I decided to do today - a bright pink Christmas poinsettia. I had some scraps of pink iridescent vellum that I used for the flower. I started with a 5" x 5" square of white cardstock on which I stamped "Greetings" (PTI "Christmas Cheer") and Tim Holtz's Halloween splatter and heat-embossed them with Stampendous "Detail Silver" powder. I then die-cut PTI's "Holiday" from the face of the panel, taped it back in, and added 2 more layers of die-cut cardstock. I glued this to a silver metallic mat and onto the face of a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" top-folded white card. I die-cut the vellum petals and moss leaves and over-printed these with heat-embossed silver. I also cut a center for the flower of some silver cardstock and over-printed it with heat-embossed silver. After assembling the flower, I attached it to the face of the card with dimensional foam. In completion I lined a square white envelope with pink vellum.

Here's a side-shot to show off the silver elements:






Added November 26, 2021:




  

7 comments:

  1. I remember this PTI die and wish I had bought it! It make s a wonderful poinsettia! Your card is beautiful, Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great card. Love how the flower pops out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card! I have that PTI set and never used it - you've given me inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Fran! I love the layering dies as a poinsettia with the white on white die cut sentiment teamed with touches of silver. Thank you for playing along at CAS Colours and Sketches! Vicky x

    PS I have the same problem - my spell checker is not having the word colours despite me being British!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is a gorgeous card! Love how you used the colors from our challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran your diecut poinsettia is just beautiful and your use of silver to highlight the detail is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete