Wednesday, November 24, 2021

WARMEST WISHES

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day here in the US, so we're all in the middle of food preparations for the feast. It'll be relatively quiet in our home because all of our family members on both sides of the family are headed out-of-town for the weekend and we're on our own this year for the first time in many years. But we're doggie-sitting our son's black lab/pit bull Izzy, so maybe it won't be completely quiet!

I spent a little time this morning in my craft room and the result is a very simple card designed for the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches #513 - a Sketch by Jen B.




When I say simple, I really mean it! I glued a 3/4" strip of blue-gray scrap paper to a 4" x 5-1/4" white card stock and die-cut a snowflake from it. Then I stamped the sentiment from Penny Black's "Merry Up" with Ranger Distress Ink "Stormy Sky" and mounted it to a card base with dimensional foam. I slipped a small piece of paper under the strip on the face and glued the center star in place with dimensional foam. I added 3 tiny clear gems and lined an envelope with the last of the scraps - finished. 




Added November 30, 2021:



5 comments:

  1. This is a marvelous card, I'm calling a winner here! Happy Thanksgiving, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! I love that diecut snowflake! Such great colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas card with matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this take on the sketch, the snowflake diecut into the panel is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fabulous in its CAS simplicity! Such a strong design - love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete