Monday, November 29, 2021

LET IT SNOW

Well, this was a fun challenge! I think I have a preference for the challenges that feature photographs, because there's always so much to draw from. For this Just US Girls Challenge #612 - Photo Week, my eye was drawn to the shopping bags on the black and white Moroccan tile floor. On closer examination, the shopping bags were printed with "Let it Snow" and "Joy" and swirls and snowflakes.


I started by creating the shopping bag out of kraft paper by first stamping the sentiments and swirls in Hero Arts "Unicorn" pigment ink and PTI "Pure Poppy" dye ink. The "Let it Snow" sentiment is a PTI product from their "Christmas Cheer" clear stamp set. I used a white gel pen to add a bit of snow to "Joy". I then cut it to what looked like the correct proportion and to make it look more like a used shopping bag, I crumpled it up and smoothed it out again and added a kraft handle. No matter what I did, I just couldn't make the tile floor work, so I opted instead for a solid black stitched rectangle stamped and heat embossed with stylized snowflakes from a very old stamp set. I attached this to a top-stitched white card, added the shopping bag with dimensional foam, and inserted a couple of packages. I lined a white envelope with kraft paper and stamped the sentiment on the envelope just below where the flap will seal.

Here is the link to the JUG challenge:


 "Just Us Girls" Challenge: Just Us Girls #612 - Photo Week (justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com)


    

Added on December 3, 2021:

 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Fran your shopping bag is adorable! Love the flurry of snowflakes flowing out of it too. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran... your shopping bag is brilliant! Love everything about your design and colors. Thank you for joining us and sharing at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really hit the jackpot with this card! I love that bag, and it looks so much like the one in the photo! Such a cool card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete