Sunday, December 5, 2021

BROWN PAPER PACKAGES

This is my final blog submittal for the weekend - I really do need to get a couple of other tasks completed! I've been mulling the current photo inspiration at the Less Is More Challenge #457 and was drawing a blank, but this morning I decided to take a turn at it and keep it as CAS as I could. I was especially inspired by the cards that the Design Team created.


I didn't have any embossing folders or stamps that were knitting-based but I chose a very old stamp (old enough that I had to use a bit of tape runner to stick it to my MISTI) that suggested the gray and white knitted fabric in the photo. I stamped it three times with Memento "Gray Flannel" ink to stretch across the full width of a rectangular stitched piece of die-cut cardstock. I over-stamped the sentiment (another very old rubber stamp) and heat-embossed it with Stampendous "Red Tinsel" Embossing Power. I glued the stitched rectangle to the face of a top-folded white card and die-cut another stitched rectangle - this time in kraft card stock - and tied a red ribbon around it and attached it to the card. The envelope is lined with an interesting wrapping paper I have that is printed with red, silver, and gold silk ribbons. 

The light levels are very low on this December day, but here's a closer look at the sentiment at an angle to show off the sparkly red tinsel embossing powder:







   

4 comments:

  1. What a great take on the inspiration photo, Fran! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely make and LOVING the argyle border too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great CAS card, loving the elements you have chosen from the photo inspiration. Always good to know the DT cards are an inspiration too! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous interpretation of the inspiration photo. love that bit of argyle on the bottom! Thanks for playing with us at Less Is More. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete