Saturday, December 4, 2021

GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS

While I haven't actually started decorating the house yet (I usually don't start that until around the 10th or 12th), I have been working on my personal Christmas cards and hope to get them finished up this next week.

I made this card in response to the current Freshly Made Sketches #514. This is not the Christmas card I'll be sending out for family and friends, but it will be one of the cards I'll send to other friends and acquaintances who are not a part of our more intimate circle. I have quite a few one-off cards from challenges over the past couple of months and I usually use those for individuals.


The circle of stars is a die set from Sizzix/Jim Holtz (#663117 "Snowy Stars") that I purchased a couple of years ago and had not used yet. I've tried it a couple of times, but I ended up having to punch all of the stars and circles out individually, which is a bit of a pain in the butt! I started with a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" side-folded white card, layering a 5" x 5" cardstock with the die-cut circle and foil mat over the face. I heat-embossed the sentiment (Impression Obsession #CL971 "Holiday Words") with Stampendous silver embossing powder on a strip of navy metallic vellum, which I cut to a banner. I glued this and 3 of the stars from the Snowy Stars die set and that was it.


Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #514 - A Sketch by Cécile


Added December 7, 2021:



 

  

5 comments:

  1. What a great die cut, Fran! I like the sparkle peeking through. This is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found the perfect sentiment to pair with this whimsical wreath, Fran! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! The die-cut circle is fabulous and the navy sentiment strip just pops! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! This circle of stars die is absolutely gorgeous and I love how you showcased it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran... Fabulous card and design. Love the clean-ness! Wishing you the best for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete